Information We Collect
The type of data that we collect and/or process includes your IP address, browser, device type and operating system, country/region/city, HTTP referer, and other details that may be immediately derived from your connection and/or headers sent to us by the software you use to access our website.
Further data may also be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you submit a listing, contact us, fill out fields on your profile, or comment on our website. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide and improve our services, and to operate, improve, and maintain our website;
- Understand and analyze how you use our website and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- To contact you with administrative communications, marketing newsletters, ot for any other reason that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Find and prevent fraud, spam, and other activity that we wish to avoid on our website.
Mastersoftrivia.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as a part of the hosting services’ analytics and security processes. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Mastersoftrivia.com uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information, including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors browser type and/or other information.
Third-Party Analytics Providers, Ad Servers, and Similar Third Parties
We may work with third-party vendors who use technology to help us understand how people use our site. These vendors may use technologies for purposes such as serving you advertisements that may interest you, or analyzing your usage patterns on our website.
When third-party vendors serve you ads or analyze your usage of our website, they use technologies like cookies, or Web Beacons and/or scripts that appear on Mastersoftrivia.com, which are sent directly to your browser. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, refer to your browser’s respective website.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information we collect will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors that may be located in other jurisdictions, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. Your information may also persist in copies made for ongoing fraud prevention, backup, and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Your Choices and Rights
For Individuals Located in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK) or Switzerland
You have a number of rights under applicable data protection laws in relation to your personal information. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Have access to your personal information by submitting a request to us;
- Have your personal information deleted;
- Have your personal information corrected if it is wrong;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted;
- Object to further processing of your personal information, including to object to marketing from us;
- Make a data portability request;
- Withdraw any consent you have provided to us;
- Restrict any automatic processing of your personal information; and
- Complain to the appropriate Supervisory Authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Notice for California Residents
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers;
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected; and
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Notice for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada residents may opt-out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has submitted personally identifiable information to us, you may submit a request to opt-out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us.
Notice for Virginia Residents
The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) provides residents of Virginia with certain rights, including the following:
- Your Right to Know: Under the VCDPA, you have the ability to confirm whether we are processing personal information about you;
- Your Right to Access: Under the VCDPA, you have to ability to obtain a copy of the personal information we maintain and process about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily-usable format;
- Your Right to Delete: Under the VCDPA, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we maintain or process about you;
- Your Right to Correct: Under the VCDPA, you have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in the personal information we maintain or process about you, taking into consideration the nature and purpose of such processing;
- Your Rights to Opt-Out: Under the VCDPA, you have the right to opt out of certain types of processing of personal information, including the “sale” of personal information, targeted advertising by us, any processing of personal information for the purposes of making decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Appeals Process & Other Concerns
If we deny your request in whole or in part, you may have the right to appeal the decision. In such circumstances, we will provide you with information regarding the appeals process.
Mastersoftrivia.com takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about you. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information that we receive against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Links to Other Sites
Our service contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that we have collected personal information from your child, please contact us.